Friday, October 18, 2013

We lived in a part of Washington where there are members of middle and working class, in residentia

Fear of a black planet | Pcnen
Donations Marketing PRONEN RSS recent news Analysis score & Opinion Blog Other Incitement to write dialogue Interviews Research NO COMMENT Story Day Scrapbook Video News Interesting Look - saw - told RSS comments
How often white men stopped in the street and ask them who they are and where they are going? It popped into my head as I watched the protests and calls for dialogue after the release of George Zimmerman. What needs to happen so that no more 17-year-old African-American does not lose his life because of a self-proclaimed guardian neighborhood?
Many in this issue do not see the offense and do not recognize the contempt, unlike many African-Americans that they must continue to be justified because score of its mere existence. Prove to us that you're a good guy, and we'll let you go home.
African-Americans need to learn how to behave appropriately in these situations, how to die terrified belce and endure arrogance of white authority, official and unofficial: answer the questions calmly and slowly, no sudden movements.
African-Americans early must understand that it is dangerous to ignore questions or protivrečiti someone who wants to determine who you are and why you are there where you are. All of them were judges, professors, gangsters and innocent boys, they know that they will be felt humiliation, regardless of clothing, behavior or age.
Much has been debated about whether Zimmerman white person or a member of the Latino minority. His mother is Peruvian and my father score white person. More important is the question of how he sees himself? Is appropriated privileges powers in this society belong to white men, with enhanced performance that kind of law enforcement?
I know one thing. As a mother of a young African-American, I'm killing scenario Trayvon Martin quite distinctive. I tried to raise her son in the area where they live different races and cultures, because I wanted to get him used to different people.
We lived in a part of Washington where there are members of middle and working class, in residential buildings across the social housing block, and the block of private houses. State schools were not so good, but we fit their proximity, so that my son moved freely within a radius of three blocks.
Once, when my then 15-year-old son in a conversation with two companions leaned on a car from a nearby house ran irritated neighbors. My son told me that he immediately got up and apologized. However, the man grabbed him by his collar and lifted up - it was a show of force that was not directly intended only to him, but his companions. Neighbor was a huge guy, a head taller than my son.
He remained calm and told this man that what he makes some kind of attack. Another neighbor, who was watching score all this from the other side of the street and knew my son, he called the man to let the young men who have the power to stand because there lives. It's a surprise this man and he tried to apologize.
When I went to see him in the evening, greeted score me was just his girlfriend. Son was waiting for me on the street and still trembling. I called the police who tried to mitigate the incident: that a white boy gluvario at Columbia roud and it would be checked. I reminded police that my son was attacked, and they told me that I have the right to file a complaint. My son did not want, so on that end.
But it was not an isolated case. One African-American woman who has bought an apartment in our building moved out after just one year. She explained to me that he wants to protect their son, because he Whites always wondered who and what is involved here. I remember him as a quiet and polite young man who worked score in a large television station.
Some Whites say that the solution is very simple: "Introduce your son all the neighbors and they will then know that he is okay." score The reason for the mistreatment of black teenagers they will induce a large number of offenses committed by young African-Americans, although they are often victims of black youths. In any case, none of the these people are not even thinking that maybe they need to play their neighbors. No, they expect more of them to make sure what's with this particular black guy all right.
My son and I are long lived across the street from a man who had attacked him. My son sometimes took care of the pets of our neighbors score and with them exchanged cooking recipes. Many thought it was amusing and charming. score But the new Whites who inhabited always sought further assurance that he is not a threat.
I think that the attack was a classic intimidation. If my son was older and may have looked threatening, the man probably would not have attacked him. But my son was not wearing a jacket with a hood, and he could not see his face.
When I think of Trayvon Martin and how the trial turned into a trial of the murdered child, I wonder score whether George Zimmerman, who was armed, score I really felt threatened and that you would generally follow Trayvon Martin that the latter had not looked younger

No comments:

Post a Comment